2016/12/20 21:05 in Uncategorized
It's said SSL certificates will be a MUST addon for B2B site, especially after 1 Jan 2017 when Google set those http sites as unsecured.
I did my homework about Bluehost where I host my websites.
The proceed was frustrating:
1. Thanks to China Telecom, it's damn slow to login bluehost background. Connection failed many times during my operation, in fact I waste about 1.5 hours doing nothing!
2. To add SSL certificate, dedicated IP is necessary, which mean another USD5.99 per month (36 months).
3. They suggest me upgrade to a USD14.99 per month plan(36 months), which includes SSL and dedicated IP with better performance, but I'm satisfied with current performance.
4. I did a math again, finding it's not a good bargain at all - My shared hosting plan charge USD4.99 per month only, and it will expire in 12 month. 14.99-4.99=10
5. So my best strategy will be, continue my existing plan, purchase dedicated IP and opt to a free SSL certificate. Let's encrypt may be.